1. What is a plebiscite?
A plebiscite can be defined as "vote in which a population exe
2. Who promised the people of Jammu & Kashmir a plebiscite?
Jawaharlal Nehru, the Prime Minister of India, and Lord Mountbatten, Governor General of
4. What is a ‘disputed territory’ during the time of Partition?
In 1947, when
Yes, in Junagarh. But it was done in a haphazard way. Very few voted and hence
Yes, to all the three regions. To Junagarh and
7. What was the rational for annexing Junagarh and
They were predominantly Hindu, while the Kings were Moslem. Though the kings wished to join
8. Was the same rationale applied to
9. How did
In 1947, Maharaja Hari Singh signed the Treaty of Accession by which the state became a part of
10. Is the ratification of Constituent Assembly same as plebiscite?
No. The UN resolution asks for mandate from the people, not the elected leaders.