I have written more than 250 articles on this blog starting February 2006. I have my own favorites. Interestingly, most of my favorites ones have elicited the least number of comments, while the most ordinary ones in which I have just discussed the contemporary news item have received many comments. For example, one of the most unoriginal pieces that I have written – about Telangana and why want a new state - has got the maximum number of comments. It clearly shows that people are more interested in contemporary stuff, things they can relate easily, or things that are quite controversial. And some of original pieces, such as ‘Dethroning our Masters’ and ‘Rejection of Rationality’ found little interest with the commenters.
Of course, I cannot rate the popularity of my articles based on comments alone. Sometimes, I look at the statistics given by the counter and I see that there is a great correlation between the comments received and the page views.
Here, I have listed the top 15 articles that I like:
- Dethroning our Masters Series (On our Independence Movement, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Rejection of Rationality Series (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5)
- Duties of the Majority and the Privileged and When Majority is not right
- Why do we criticize our nations?
- 'Our sentiments are hurt'
- Excessive Nationalism and Blurring of Local Identities and Excessive Regionalism
- To better India Series (Part 1, Part 2)
- Peevish Indians
- Great Indian Culture
- Bad Parenting- Insensitivity and Indecency
- On Caste Politics in India and On Group Politics
- Guide to Indian Idiocy (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Are Indians creative and original?
- Condoning, Accepting, Legitimizing and Institutionalizing
- Secularism Redefined Series (Part 1, Part 2) and Secularism and Religious Identities (Part 1, Part 2).
Please go ahead let me know which article you like the most.